Come to Philadelphia in 2016, July 31st to August 4th
The Pope was here! The Democrats are coming! You should too!
The ASCLS Annual Meeting and the ASCLS Advanced Management Institute will return to Philadelphia, PA in 2016 after a 13 year hiatus! The dates are July 31st to August 4th. Philadelphia and the ASCLS-PA Host Society are eagerly awaiting your return to the City of Brotherly Love as well.
In its third year, the Advanced Management Institute will be held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting. The pillar this year will focus on Finance.
Attendees to the 2016 ASCLS Meeting will notice the following format changes:
- The ASCLS Board meeting and most of the Committee Meetings will be held on Sunday, July 31st.
- The Issues Update & Open Forum, along with the Candidates’ presentation will be held on Monday, August 1st.
- Regional Caucuses will be held on Monday, August 1st and will include lunch.
- Students and New Professionals will have a full day of activities on Monday, August 1st starting at 8:00 AM and ending with the First Timer’s and Student Reception & Student Silent Auction later that evening.
- The BOC and NAACLS update will be held on Monday, August 1st
- Scientific Assembly meetings will be held Tuesday morning, August 2nd and will include breakfast
- Elections will be held Tuesday, August 2nd.
- The Industry Awards, followed by a Plenary Session, will be held Wednesday, August 3rd in the morning with the Member Awards session later that same day in the afternoon.
- The ASCLS House of Delegates will be held on Thursday, August 4th from 2:00-4:30 PM.
Continuing Education and the Clinical Lab Expo
- The Clinical Lab Expo will be held as normal Tuesday – Thursday of the meeting. There will be dedicated exhibit hours for ASCLS attendees on both Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
- Continuing education sessions will be offered on Monday afternoon, all day Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday morning.
- Attendees will be able to get 15hours of continuing education credit hours if they attend all of the offered educational sessions, plus an additional 2 hours for completing the Exhibit Hall quiz. That’s a total of 17 hours!
- Tuesday night, August 2nd, attendees can dine with State Societies and Regions if desired.
- Wednesday night, August 3rd, the President’s Reception and E&R Silent Auction will be held.
- Thursday night, August 4th, the Alpha Mu Tau banquet (by invitation only) will be held.
If you normally attend the Board meeting and stay through to the end of the ASCLS House of Delegates, you would most likely fly in Saturday night, July 30th or early July 31st and leave after the House on Thursday, August 4th.
If you are not planning to attend the governance and only attend continuing education and the Clinical Laboratory Expo, you would most likely fly in Monday morning, August 1st and leave after the last CE session on Thursday, August 4th.